It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:46 pm 

kleefton wrote:
I think with all the craziness that happened in Q3 it is comical that people are complaining about not getting their tow. Surely in those circumstances the focus should have been on getting a lap in, but yet you've got Vettel complaining about prior arrangements for a tow. I had no issue with what Leclerc did. Vettel complaining just was so unnecessary and it made him look even more desperate than he actually seems to be.

Isn't the lap pointless without the tow though as you aren't going to beat a lap where you've got a tow?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:18 pm 

JN23 wrote:
kleefton wrote:
I think with all the craziness that happened in Q3 it is comical that people are complaining about not getting their tow. Surely in those circumstances the focus should have been on getting a lap in, but yet you've got Vettel complaining about prior arrangements for a tow. I had no issue with what Leclerc did. Vettel complaining just was so unnecessary and it made him look even more desperate than he actually seems to be.

Isn't the lap pointless without the tow though as you aren't going to beat a lap where you've got a tow?

Well I think that's the general idea that you have to sacrifice one of your laps to an extent when the objective is to give your teammate a tow.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:49 am 

JN23 wrote:
kleefton wrote:

It may have turned out to be pointless but if Leclerc had waited to give Seb a tow he and Seb wouldn't have done the lap so Seb was going to lose out regardless. So why complain? Heck, Sainz decided to go without a tow. Maybe the track's evolution would have canceled out the tow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm 

pokerman wrote:
F1_Ernie wrote:
I blame Bottas myself, Hamilton's turn to run 2nd in the 2nd runs and get the tow from Bottas.

Both Bottas and Leclerc was supposed to return the favour of a tow for their teammates but obviously were not prepared to do that unless they also got a tow off someone else, at the end of the day they didn't want their teammates to out qualify them.

At tracks were tows are so important in future I wouldn't be too happy about being the first one to give a tow to a teammate knowing the possibilities of the favour not being returned, I would say Leclerc in particular totally stitched Vettel up, he was on pole, where's the incentive to sacrifice that?

So would Hamilton's antics at the last runs in Singapore q3 have been revenge?

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)