planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 am 

This thread can be removed if mods don't think it is appropriate, but I am thinking it may be worth it.

I think I may end up going for the NowTV offer for the 9 months, but I really had to think hard about it and I do feel many won't even bother and will just stick with Channel 4. I always record each qualifying and race highlights on Channel 4 anyway, so may still discuss things here after the highlights have been on as Channel 4 often have a different view on things.

What I am thinking is that we could create a thread for each race for delayed discussions about the qualifying and race highlights shown on Channel 4. As I can't think of any place anywhere that would do this as if you are still watching it live. Everywhere else in the forum understandably will be full of people that have already seen the race. So here, If such a thing would be possible, it would be good to have some basic rules of keeping out of not posting in these threads unless you haven't yet seen the race (I expect quite a few won't have with Australia because of the early times). How hard this will be to do I don't know.

Here are the times for the highlights in UK time:

Qualifying on Saturday: 12:00 - 13:30

Race on Sunday: 14:10 - 16:40

Nice to see Channel 4 getting an extra 30 minutes coverage compared to last year. 2 and a half hours is pretty generous for highlights.

As I said, I'm not sure this thread will work out, as if any posts discuss the results before the channel 4 highlights, it will be pointless and may as well be removed. We'll see how it goes anyway.

Maybe some can share what they think of this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 am 

Proposed this a year or 2 back, for some reason it never happened. By all means keep doing it if it works for people.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.